After finishing my recent presentation on C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien, someone said they liked the quotes I used and wanted to know some of the books I used.
Here are 5 of the books I read, they each provide excellent perspectives on the two men’s lives and their famous friendship:
- The Company They Keep by Diana Glyer
- The Inklings by Humphrey Carpenter
- The Fellowship by Philip and Carol Zaleski
- C.S. Lewis and the Catholic Church by Joseph Pierce
- J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis: The Gift of Friendship by Colin Duriez
If you’re looking for more works on Lewis or Tolkien, check out the sources cited lists in my previous presentations on Lewis and Terence Fisher, The Hobbit, Tolkien and T.H. White, and Tolkien and H.P. Lovecraft.